Cheriyal Painting is the stunning event happening in the city @ Our Sacred on 14th and 15th February 2015 from 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM.
The Venue: Our Sacred Space, 9-1-84/1/A/1, Sardar Patel Road, Marredpally, Next to Corporation Bank, Secunderabad.
Cheriyal Painting Description:
- Cheriyal Scroll Painting is a stylized version of Nakashi art, rich in the local motifs peculiar to the Telengana region.
- Cheriyal Paintings are at present made only in Cheriyal, Warangal district.
- Cheriyal Painting scrolls are painted in a narrative format, much like a film roll or a comic strip, depicting stories from local mythology and folklore and intimately tied to the shorter stories from the Puranas and Epics.
- Age Group: 10years and above.
- Last Date of Registration: 10th February, 2015
Pricing for Cheriyal Painting Workshop:
- Fee: Rs. 1050/- (Including Rs. 150/- for material).
- Rakesh Nakash is the name of the artist for this event.
About Cheriyal Paintings:
- Earlier Cheriyal Paintings were prevalent across Andhra, as also various other parts of the country, albeit flavoured with their distinct styles and other local peculiarities dictated by the local customs and traditions.
- Now Cheriyal Painting Scrolls must have been popular across Telengana in earlier times, though with the advent of television, cinemas and computers it has been fenced into its last outpost, the Cheriyal village.
- Presently Cheriyal painting artist D.Vaikuntam nakash and his family living in Hyderabad (Boduppal) only.
Our Sacred Space is a place for all the young to prove their talent and make the young hearts to feel the quest of beauty. The beauty will be produced here through lkebana, art, music, dance and yoga meditation too for giving peace and happiness.
Participate in this stunning event, even parents should encourage their children to send the kid’s and increase the art skills in them.
Come over all the children and enjoy the classy Cheriyal Painting Workshop which will give you loads of fun and entertainment.